mHUB Development Associate
mHUB Development Associate
mHUB is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded candidate to support the Development Team and work across most functions of the business, including memberships, partnerships, events planning, and innovation. For the role of Development Associate, mHUB is looking for a motivated, highly organized, and analytical thinker with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills who enjoys the fast-paced work environment and is passionate about supporting emerging businesses and contributing to the future of work.
The position works directly with the Development Team Leaders to execute critical projects, assist with account management, host events, and other key development responsibilities. They will work closely with the Directors of Corporate Partnerships and Development to onboard and manage new partners and create processes to improve communication across departments. The role offers opportunities for career development and visibility both internally and with the wider corporate and philanthropic sectors in Chicago and beyond.
Development & Engagement
- Assist with the management of mHUB’s industry and philanthropic partners’ onboarding, and membership, signage, and marketing support
- Support strategies to increase partnership engagement to mHUB resources and startups
- Support development teams in prospect research, including startups, manufacturers, corporates, foundations, individuals, and grants
Marketing & Events
- Assist with coordination of internal and external marketing and communications for corporate and philanthropic partners
- Support donor/partner engagement activities, including but not limited to monthly communications and event coordination
- Lead, coordinate, and assist with various events for members, partners, and stakeholders
Reporting & Cross-Functional Support
- Cross-functional support and communication across all departments and teams
- Develop an understanding of the mHUB community and partnership needs to align and refine the partnership pipeline
- Support development and strategy for cohort-based programs for focused startup sub-groups.
Qualifications Candidates interested in applying should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of account management or development experience
- An entrepreneurial mindset;
- A passion for civic engagement;
- Willingness and ability to spend occasional evenings at community, membership, corporate events;
- Strong strategic leadership and project management skills;
- Experience in non-profit, a plus;
- Prior experience with events or meeting production
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including experience with Excel, PowerPoint and data management tools
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and work effectively across departments;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills;
mHUB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: mHUB is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at mHUB are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. mHUB will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. mHUB encourages applicants of all ages.
Ability to uphold, embody, and articulate the following values:
- Respect and Value Diversity – We agree to value the rights of all individuals to mutual respect. The diversity of our community is a fundamental strength of the organization.
- Tackle each Day with Passion, Enthusiasm and Curiosity – What we’re doing is special. What we’re doing has an impact. What we’re doing is the spark that is igniting a community.
- Try. Learn. Grow – We are entrepreneurs. We won't be afraid to be bold and take risks. We won’t wait for the idea, we’ll create it ourselves. mHUB is a launchpad for our startups, but also for us.
- Hold Ourselves Accountable – We agree to be personally accountable to the “promises” we make. We don’t blame others or ourselves. If we need help, we ask. If we make a mistake, we communicate it and fix it.
- We are Greater as the Sum of our Parts – Together we are greater than alone. We are one team, and collaboration is crucial to our success. We treat one another fairly and with respect. We challenge one another to rise to our best
Salary and Duration
- Salary is between $60,000 and $68,000, based on individual experience level
- Competitive benefits package
To apply, submit the following items:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references with contact information
Applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Position open immediately.
**APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT INFORMATION DIRECTLY TO INFO@MHUBCHICAGO.COM. LINKEDIN ONLY SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED**
mHUB is a mission-driven 501c3 nonprofit economic development organization that launched in 2017 to enable hardtech and physical product entrepreneurship through providing a hyper-resourced environment and networks of manufacturers, investors, mentors, and customers. This strategic effort was undertaken by a consortium of manufacturing industry leaders to foster the development and commercialization of next-gen technologies (e.g., advanced manufacturing, medical devices, energy tech, robotics, AVs, etc.) and future business leaders. This endeavor has translated into supporting over 428 startups and 200 manufacturers launch 1,200 products resulting in over $450M in sales, $1B in investment and exits, awarding over 411 patents, spending over $30M a year with U.S. manufacturers, and the creation of over 2,140 jobs.