mHUB Programs and Engagement Coordinator
mHUB is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded candidate to support the strategy and execution of mHUB’s programming initiatives for its community of innovators. For the role of Programs Coordinator, mHUB is looking for a motivated self-starter and creative thinker with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills who enjoys the fast pace work environment and is passionate about supporting emerging businesses and contributing to the future of work.
The position works directly with the Director of Programs & Engagement to execute a robust educational curriculum and mentorship program that supports the development of emerging diverse product-based startups from across the region. And they will work closely with the Director of Community Impact and Engagement to support community partnerships and cohort-based programs for women and people of color. The role offers opportunities for career development and visibility both internally and with the wider entrepreneurial, workforce training, and technology/innovation communities in Chicago.
Curriculum and Education
- Support the development and iteration of mHUB’s established educational curriculum and workshop offerings in topic areas such as: product development, entrepreneurship, networking, business services and manufacturing;
- Coordinate the implementation of course content including communications of pre-and-post class requirements to participants, scheduling and logistics, and compilation of class feedback;
- Contribute to program evaluation and monitoring activities, which may include tasks such as participating in planning meetings, limited data collection, interpreting evaluation data, action planning based on evaluation findings, and providing insights about program performance
- Assist with the management of mHUB’s mentorship program including recruiting and onboarding of new mentors and mentees and scheduling of mentor hours;
- Lead rollout of new mentorship programs and strategies that meet the needs of the mHUB Community
- Support strategies to increase member visibility and engagement to mHUB resources;
- Coordinate internal and external marketing and communications for program offerings on an ongoing basis via print and digital platforms;
- Support community activities, including but not limited to monthly communications and event coordination;
- Develop an understanding of the mHUB community and membership needs to align and refine educational content;
Community Impact and Engagement
- Support relationship management and collaborative programming for mHUB's community partners, working directly with the Director of Community Impact and Engagement Support diversity and inclusion initiatives through fundraising research and grant writing assistance;
- Support development and strategy for cohort-based programs for focused startup sub-groups;
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree and one to three years of experience developing and executing projects and deliverables;
- An entrepreneurial mindset;
- A passion for civic engagement;
- Strong strategic leadership and project management skills;
- Experience in program fundraising, grant writing, a plus;
- Experience with Excel and data management, a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with management team;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills;
- Experience or related degree in designing or executing educational programming preferred;
mHUB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: mHUB is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at mHUB are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. mHUB will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. mHUB encourages applicants of all ages.
Ability to uphold, embody, and articulate the following values:
- Respect and Value Diversity – We agree to value the rights of all individuals to mutual respect. The diversity of our community is a fundamental strength of the organization.
- Tackle each Day with Passion, Enthusiasm and Curiosity – What we’re doing is special. What we’re doing has an impact. What we’re doing is the spark that is igniting a community.
- Try. Learn. Grow – We are entrepreneurs. We won't be afraid to be bold and take risks. We won’t wait for the idea, we’ll create it ourselves. mHUB is a launchpad for our startups, but also for us.
- Hold Ourselves Accountable – We agree to be personally accountable to the “promises” we make. We don’t blame others or ourselves. If we need help, we ask. If we make a mistake, we communicate it and fix it.
- We are Greater as the Sum of our Parts – Together we are greater than alone. We are one team, and collaboration is crucial to our success. We treat one another fairly and with respect. We challenge one another to rise to our best.
Salary and Duration
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package
To apply and be considered for this role, please complete this form.